Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rant.

The name says it all.  Cohen is trying REALLY hard to be my last kid.  He is such a stink!!!!!!  This is how my last 24 hours has gone: Cohen broke his crib(don't ask me how, I don't know).  We went and got him a big boy toddler bed and for the first 4 or 5 days he slept great in it.  He has always been a super good sleeper so I wasn't worried about putting him in a bed.  Well after a few nights of him getting up like 4 times a night we went and got a portable crib from my parents and decided to put him back in it.  I think he has never realized he could get out of bed and once he did its been all downhill.  UGH.  So then he figured out how to get out of the small crib so he just hops right out and goes to the door and screams and cries til we get him and put his back in bed.  Then it happens 3 minutes later.  Super fun.  So anyways, last night Cohen would NOT go to bed.  Between Tj and I we had probably gone in there 5 times to put him back in bed.  So after a solid hour of him screaming and crying I finally went back up, laid him back down, and sang him songs to calm him down.  As soon as I get him calmed down, Tage comes into the room with throw up in his hair, ears, all over his pajamas....everywhere.  So then I clean up chunks of barf all over every single sheet, pillow, blanket, stuffed animals on Tage's bed.  Throw him in the shower, start more laundry and an hour later I had him cleaned up and back to bed.  Fun stinking night.  Then this morning Cohen started out early with his Cohen-ness.  I was trying to make the boys muffins and didn't notice he took a whole box of Cheerios out of the pantry and threw the whole box all over my whole family room.  Not a couple, an entire box.  Finished cleaning that up, finished cleaning up my barfy laundry then Cohen gets in the fridge and dumps out a thing of Parmesan cheese.  And then throws ice all over the tile too.  He gets on top of my counters and plays in water 80 percent of the day.  Screams and cries and lays on the ground like 15 times a day if i wont let him eat jam out of a jar.  So anyways after cleaning all morning we go to my mom's so I can glue together a decoration he broke and while I am doing that he goes into the bathroom and get a tampon(used not new) and walks out sucking on it.  I SWEAR IS THIS FOR REAL.  Then after this has a few more tantrums because I won't let him get a treat at the gas station, etc.  Blah.  Then finally tonight I just gave up and let him trash the house.  He has measuring cups, ice, crackers, all our DVDs out, toys he doesn't play with all over the house.  Now I finally got them to bed, Tage is upstairs coughing so pretty sure that will lead to more throw up any minute and I was really planning on working out tonight but now I am pretty sure all I feel like doing is drinking a 100 ounce diet coke and chewing on Prozac. :) (IF ONLY)  This pretty much describes every day of my life minus the 2 blessed days a week I get to go to work.  Oh I love my job.  If only being a mom was as easy.  Does this sound like any other mom's out there life?  Or just mine, who knows.

4 comments:

  1. The tampon part... I totally gasped! We've been having a rough time with Dawson lately too. Both Ross and myself have been saying no more kids! (Maybe we'll change our minds in a few years...who knows.) They're at a rough age! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs sometimes portrays people in the perfect light (I know i'm just as guilty) and its so nice and refreshing to hear stories like this where I can smile and laugh and know exactly how you feel (except for the whole tampon part I probably would have died after that, although Carson did eat a few birth control pills once...) Two has been a bit more challenging and I know its going to get even worse the more mobile Tanner gets. I'm sorry for the rough few days hang in there!

    By the way it was so good seeing you over the holiday's! Lets try to do that every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a totally deserved rant. That tampon thing brought my gag reflex out--yowzers! I can see how work would be a blessed relief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup gross huh. That is just another to add to his unusually LONG list of disgusting stuff.

    ReplyDelete