Sunday, June 24, 2012

ER and surgery all in the same day!

This sweet little boy had quite the experience this week.  On wednesday afternoon Cohen woke up from his nap and went outside to play with the boys.  He was trying to pick up a little boys bike in our neighborhood and his bike was missing the rubber on the handle bars.  Cohen picked it up and it dropped down on his hand and pretty much chopped off his right middle finger.  We rushed him to instacare and they told us there was nothing he could do and I needed to bring him to Primary Childrens Hospital for surgery.  So off we went.  We got to Primary Childrens ER at 6 and had to wait until 9:30 p.m. for surgery.  The poor little guy had no medicine at all and he was in so much pain.  It was probably one of the most traumatic things a kid or a parent could go threw.  It is awful to see your kids go threw anything like that!  His surgery went good and we ended up being there like 4 more hours and then took Cohen home with us.  His hand has been sore. But he is doing good.  We love this little guy and are so glad he still has his finger!:)

2 comments:

  1. My mom told me this! I'm so sorry what an awful thing to go through! I probably would have passed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. How scary!!! I'm glad it all ended up okay, but I can imagine that would be the worst thing as a parent. :(

    ReplyDelete